Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting


I am sick of waiting.


Every day I spend most of my time waiting, for buses, in lines, for websites to load. I understand why people steal, it use to be to save money, now it is to save time. I start my day at 8 am getting up to walk the dog, and then it is off to wait for the bus to take me to work. At the bus stop I wait at the transfer for my second bus to arrive. Then I finally get to work, and it is more waiting, for the elevator, for my computer to load, for my job to start. Then it is waiting for my first break, for lunch, for last break, finally time to go home! Yahoo. Then it is back to waiting for the bus. Finally Home.


On my days off its waiting in traffic to go anywhere and once you get somewhere then its waiting for a parking spot. Once in the store you have to get your items and then wait in line. It seems like the lines just get bigger and move slower, all in the interest of saving money for the company.


Time is money


That is what ever company I have ever worked for tells me. 30 seconds wasted per employee makes for lost money that adds up every year. Well my time is money too. If I am wasting it at your store you should pay me.


People tell me the big city is more convenient, ba-hum-bug. The convenience factor will never out weight the waiting involved with the big city and all these people who waste their and my time waiting.


That is why I am starting to shop at independents around town. Mom and Pop shops may not have the cheapest stuff, but they are always personable, and my time is never wasted. Some of the best stuff that I own has been found with the smallest store, and the best people.


I hope my boat has the same feel to it. I will spend my time wisely in searching and buying a boat. Once on a beautiful ship of the line, my time will never be wasted, but wisely spend enjoying all the leisure that craft can offer.



Long may your big jib draw.



Das Newf

No comments:

Post a Comment